What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email question

mlts0807

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just got an ipad that is set up to receive my work email thru microsoft exchange. I still have my blackberry and am trying to see if there is an option to delete email on the "ipad only" and not take it off the server (pc or blackberry). Is this possible?

Thanks

tosh.jc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know of no way to turn off deleted items reconciliation when using Exchange ActiveSync, since any ActiveSync function is a true synchronization of the integrated exchange account. With BlackBerry, there's a setting on the device itself that allows you to turn deleted items reconciliation off, but remember that BlackBerry devices always use their own server (be it BES for Exchange or BIS for OWA) to connect your device to a third party server, so there is room for little customizations here and there. With an ActiveSync, the device communicates directly with the Exchange server, and as far as I can see, there's no way to bypass its native functions.

If you go into Settings - Mail, Contacts, Calendars - select your work account and go into advanced settings, you can experiment with settings, but I'm not sure you'll be satisfied. But given I don't have an Exchange a count configured, I could be wrong about its capabilities.

Most reactions

Latest posts