1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Email question

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by mlts0807, Sep 4, 2010.

1. mlts0807

mlts0807 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Just got an ipad that is set up to receive my work email thru microsoft exchange. I still have my blackberry and am trying to see if there is an option to delete email on the "ipad only" and not take it off the server (pc or blackberry). Is this possible?

Thanks
  2. tosh.jc

tosh.jc iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I know of no way to turn off deleted items reconciliation when using Exchange ActiveSync, since any ActiveSync function is a true synchronization of the integrated exchange account. With BlackBerry, there's a setting on the device itself that allows you to turn deleted items reconciliation off, but remember that BlackBerry devices always use their own server (be it BES for Exchange or BIS for OWA) to connect your device to a third party server, so there is room for little customizations here and there. With an ActiveSync, the device communicates directly with the Exchange server, and as far as I can see, there's no way to bypass its native functions.

If you go into Settings - Mail, Contacts, Calendars - select your work account and go into advanced settings, you can experiment with settings, but I'm not sure you'll be satisfied. But given I don't have an Exchange a count configured, I could be wrong about its capabilities.