1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Email question.

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by 420benz, Jun 28, 2012.

1. 420benz

420benz iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Every time I type thw word email,my email address comes up in blue. How do I stop that?
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2012
  2. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,732 / 0
    You can't. it's the design of the forum software to make e-mail and web site links "hot" - that way they are clickable to random browsers. The only way to post and e-mail address and to NOT have it be a link is to put a space around the ampersand sign (the @). This will break the link and the software won't recognize it as an e-mail address.

And, just on the off-chance that the e-mail address you used as your example is real - I've removed it. Mainly because it's against the rules to put e-mails in posts but also as an anti-spammer service.

Hope this clarifies.

Marilyn
  3. dhewson777

dhewson777 iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +89 / 0
    Sounds like you have a shortcut in place to autofill your email address any time you type the word "email". As the email address appears, click the X to ignore it. Also check Settings -> General -> Keyboard Under Shortcuts to see if it is listed. Not sure how to remove a shortcut though.
  4. KevinJS

KevinJS Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +814 / 0
    To remove a shortcut, drag across it from right to left and the word "Delete" will appear. Tap it and the shortcut will be gone.