What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email question.

420benz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Every time I type thw word email,my email address comes up in blue. How do I stop that?

Last edited by a moderator:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can't. it's the design of the forum software to make e-mail and web site links "hot" - that way they are clickable to random browsers. The only way to post and e-mail address and to NOT have it be a link is to put a space around the ampersand sign (the @). This will break the link and the software won't recognize it as an e-mail address.

And, just on the off-chance that the e-mail address you used as your example is real - I've removed it. Mainly because it's against the rules to put e-mails in posts but also as an anti-spammer service.

Hope this clarifies.

Marilyn

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
420benz said:
Every time I type thw word email,my email address comes up in blue. How do I stop that?

Sounds like you have a shortcut in place to autofill your email address any time you type the word "email". As the email address appears, click the X to ignore it. Also check Settings -> General -> Keyboard Under Shortcuts to see if it is listed. Not sure how to remove a shortcut though.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
dhewson777 said:
Sounds like you have a shortcut in place to autofill your email address any time you type the word "email". As the email address appears, click the X to ignore it. Also check Settings -> General -> Keyboard Under Shortcuts to see if it is listed. Not sure how to remove a shortcut though.

To remove a shortcut, drag across it from right to left and the word "Delete" will appear. Tap it and the shortcut will be gone.

Most reactions

Latest posts