What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email question

Gamit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recently changed my user name on my hotmail account and when I logged in to my email on my iPad it is downloading over 600 emails from weeks ago! Every time I log on it downloads 100 emails and I have to delete them on by one. Is there a way to delete them all at once?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unfortunately not. On the iPad you have to delete them one-by-one. But, is it not possible to delete them on the server directly from your Hotmail account via a web browser or a PC-based email client, such as Thunderbird or Windows Mail? I have Windows Mail on my PC and I can set this up to automatically delete all emails that are older than a certain age.

Another point. You can change the number of emails that the iPad will download. You say it is downloading hundreds of emails. But if you go to the iPad's 'Settings' app you can alter the number of emails that the iPad will download.

'Settings', 'Mail, Contacts, Calendar', 'Mail', 'Show' and then select the number of messages that you want the iPad to download. Of course, the other messages will still be on the email server, but at least the iPad doesn't download them.

If there's still a problem, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Tim
Scotland

OP
G

Gamit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
Unfortunately not. On the iPad you have to delete them one-by-one. But, is it not possible to delete them on the server directly from your Hotmail account via a web browser or a PC-based email client, such as Thunderbird or Windows Mail? I have Windows Mail on my PC and I can set this up to automatically delete all emails that are older than a certain age.

Another point. You can change the number of emails that the iPad will download. You say it is downloading hundreds of emails. But if you go to the iPad's 'Settings' app you can alter the number of emails that the iPad will download.

'Settings', 'Mail, Contacts, Calendar', 'Mail', 'Show' and then select the number of messages that you want the iPad to download. Of course, the other messages will still be on the email server, but at least the iPad doesn't download them.

If there's still a problem, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Tim
Scotland

I have never ending emails downloading every time I log into my email account! It really is unbelievable that a simple thing like DELETE ALL is not implemented in the software. Maybe the geniuses at Apple are not so genius after all

Most reactions