What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email query

Debbiem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hiya,

I would like to have different boxes to organize my emails. There are lots of blank lines beneath the inbox, trash, and sent items looking as if I should be able to set up additional boxes but I couldn't find how to do this in the user guide.

Can it be done, and how?

Thanks

Debbie

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
A little advice..

You should post your query in iPad Help, this one discusses additional hardware for your iPad.

As far as setting up boxes in your email, you have to start at the source of your email. For example if you use Yahoo, you have to set up your files or boxes in Yahoo and then retrieve your email on your iPad. If you use an ISP (Internet service provider) email function, if you can change your ISPs formatting, most use POP3, to IMAP, then you can create files/boxes from that source and retrieve your email on your iPad with the files/boxes available on your iPad. If you can't change from POP3 to IMAP, then you will have to go with an email provider that will allow you to do so.

Here in the United States, I use Verizon as my ISP and download my emails from that source, I had set up files at that source but I cannot see the email on my iPad that are in those files because Verizon uses POP3 and it won't let me change to IMAP.

OP
D

Debbiem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks!

Bah, wrong board, but got the answer anyway, thanks Matt, sounds complicated but will have a go when I'm feeling strong!

Most reactions