What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email Push/Fetch/Manual Settings

seroposi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Newbie would appreciate some advice or clarification please.

Both my son and I have iPad2s'. He has one Hotmail a/c and an iMac. I have 2 gmail a/cs' and a pcwin7 ( using outlook ).

We were discussing the above and compared our pads which both have ios5 yet have different settings.

If one goes to settings >mail,contact,calendars>fetch new data>advanced I have icloud = push and the 2 gmail a/cs' are fetch.

If I then open fetch on either of the 2 gmail a/cs' the only options I have are fetch and manual yet in the same sub menu on his ipad he has push / fetch / manual.

All other menus' / sub menus' on both iPads are identical.

Emails on both pads are being pushed but we wondering why the above mentioned sub menu options would be different?

As I am also a grey haired newbie I hope I have described the question ok.

Thanks for your input, regards

OP
S

seroposi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for swift reply. Set the gmail a/cs up exactly the same as indicated in the gmail set up. Will have a further read of the apple link.

Thanks once again, regards

Most reactions