What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

email problems on my iPad

daygalway

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have 2 problems with gmail on my iPad. On my iMac mails in languages other than English are translated automatically - how do I set this up on the iPad? Also I don't seem to be able to access my gmail contacts on the iPad although when I want to send a mail the list appears. Help !!!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I don't know of any way to do automatic translations on the iPad.

As for contacts, that's the way the GMail app and mobile Gmail site work. There is no mobile version of the Contacts. No idea why this is. You can scroll to the bottom of the email list and choose the Desktop or HTML version of the site. Contacts are available that way, though the interfaces are not very iPad friendly.

You can sync Google contacts to the native Contacts app. Add your GMail account to the iPad as an Exchange account and you will be able to sync both Contacts and multiple calendars. It's not perfect. Active sync does not support label/group syncing, but it is better than nothing. Here are the instructions.

Setting up Google Sync with your iOS device - Google Mobile Help

OP
D

daygalway

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your help ... it is a major pain in the ass not being able to translate mails automatically. Let me know if you discover a solution.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You're more likely to find it than I am, but if I do run across it I'll come back; if I can find the thread again.

Most reactions

Latest posts