What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email problem

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I hope this is the correct area to request help.
Having just bought a new iPad 3 (lucky me, I thought) I set up the email accounts. No problem with Gmail, of course, but my business account which is a .co.uk account is having problems. The main issue is, as many other forum members seem to have, is that I can receive emails fine but cannot send any. I have checked all the settings and cannot find a problem. I will be contacting my ISP on my return to the UK but in the meantime the problem persists. When I reply or send a message from the account mentioned a message comes up saying that the server has rejected the message and placed it in the outbox.

squeffrey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Obvious question: are you sure you have the right settings for the outgoing server?

Second, it may be possible that, as a security measure, your employer requires you to be inside their firewall to send. If so, they will have to agree to "white list" you.

In any case, when dealing with corporate email, always consult your IT department.

If you've done all this, then it's going to be hard to troubleshoot for us, since we don't have your server settings.

OP
Mesqueunclub

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. The settings are correct but I should have made it clear that the business account is my own. It is a private email account! Sorry about the confusion.

OP
Mesqueunclub

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just an update. All resolved. My ISP provided me with the correct port setting amongst other things. Thanks for all assistance. The answer to anything like this is to go to your ISP. Everybody's case may be different depending on the ISP. It wasn't as straightforward as made out by Apple but I got there.

kennyken

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just got my Ipad 2, set up gmail but the contact tab is missing within the gmail email page, where is it? It is there on my lap top but missing on the iPad within gmail.

kennyken

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mikeh515 said:
I hope this is the correct area to request help.
Having just bought a new iPad 3 (lucky me, I thought) I set up the email accounts. No problem with Gmail, of course, but my business account which is a .co.uk account is having problems. The main issue is, as many other forum members seem to have, is that I can receive emails fine but cannot send any. I have checked all the settings and cannot find a problem. I will be contacting my ISP on my return to the UK but in the meantime the problem persists. When I reply or send a message from the account mentioned a message comes up saying that the server has rejected the message and placed it in the outbox.

You say you have no problem with gmail, have you got the contact tab? It is missing on my iPad 2, I can not see how to see my contacts as there is no tab to click on!!

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
kennyken said:
You say you have no problem with gmail, have you got the contact tab? It is missing on my iPad 2, I can not see how to see my contacts as there is no tab to click on!!

Try clicking on the To field to bring up contact options/list. I use Gmail via the Exchange set-up. Im not sure if the default Gmail differs too much from this.

OP
Mesqueunclub

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
kennyken said:

Hi,
I must have replied on the wrong forums, there are that many it is very confusing to a newbie like me. Anyway, the matter has been resolved. I contacted my ISP and they guided me through the procedure. Outgoing mail server settings, amongst other things, were totally different to on the iPad. Sorry if I am now repeating myself. Thanks.

Most reactions

Latest posts