1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Email photo with a message - photo sent without the message

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by sam007, Jun 18, 2011.

1. sam007

sam007 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi

I am using iPad2 with iOS 4.3.3. I used the photos app to send a picture and I included a short message under the picture, when I clicked on send the massage has been sent with the picture only. Is there a bug with the photos app when trying to include a text message with the picture? Or the Photos app can only send the picture?

Please let me know if you have a similar problem..

Thank you
    Sam
  2. peled

peled iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    From the photo app you actually call the mail application.
    The photo becomes an attachment, and you add the text in the mail, as a regular mail you Only this time you have an attached photo.use to send.
  3. Irish Rose

Irish Rose iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I just tested this for you by sending an email with a pic to my second email address. Try sending it again with the text on top of the picture that you want to send. It should work, as mine came through with the text included.
  4. Irish Rose

Irish Rose iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Here is a picture of what you will see when sending a picture from the Photo app. Just select email from the drop down menu and will be able to add a message above the picture that you want to send.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Attached Files:

5. sam007

sam007 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes, thank you all for the help.. That worked, I must include the text message above the picture.. But it would be nice if I can add the text message under the picture. It is nicer to send a birthday cake picture on the top and then the surprise message from the bottom..

Anyway thank you again :)
  6. wytey

wytey iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Not the most elegant of solutions, but use a space as the text at the top

- Sig - How to stop being notified of new posts, in the IPF app, goto the subscribed tab, then swipe left/right on the threads you no longer want to follow - I bleed in 6 colours