What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email photo with a message - photo sent without the message

sam007

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

I am using iPad2 with iOS 4.3.3. I used the photos app to send a picture and I included a short message under the picture, when I clicked on send the massage has been sent with the picture only. Is there a bug with the photos app when trying to include a text message with the picture? Or the Photos app can only send the picture?

Please let me know if you have a similar problem..

Thank you
Sam

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
From the photo app you actually call the mail application.
The photo becomes an attachment, and you add the text in the mail, as a regular mail you Only this time you have an attached photo.use to send.

Irish Rose

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just tested this for you by sending an email with a pic to my second email address. Try sending it again with the text on top of the picture that you want to send. It should work, as mine came through with the text included.

Irish Rose

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here is a picture of what you will see when sending a picture from the Photo app. Just select email from the drop down menu and will be able to add a message above the picture that you want to send.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Attachments

• image-952433224.png
    image-952433224.png
    610.6 KB · Views: 348
OP
S

sam007

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, thank you all for the help.. That worked, I must include the text message above the picture.. But it would be nice if I can add the text message under the picture. It is nicer to send a birthday cake picture on the top and then the surprise message from the bottom..

Anyway thank you again :)

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
sam007 said:
Yes, thank you all for the help.. That worked, I must include the text message above the picture.. But it would be nice if I can add the text message under the picture. It is nicer to send a birthday cake picture on the top and then the surprise message from the bottom..

Anyway thank you again :)

Not the most elegant of solutions, but use a space as the text at the top

- Sig - How to stop being notified of new posts, in the IPF app, goto the subscribed tab, then swipe left/right on the threads you no longer want to follow - I bleed in 6 colours

Most reactions