What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email on ipad

Nontech

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I am no longer receiving emails on my iPad. I am getting them on my Mac desktop. Settings are all correct. I am able to get on the internet. I also no longer see the sent or trash I only see inbox and when I hit it it just scrolls checking email but nothing show up???

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I don't know about the receiving email problem. Tell us what kind of account it is and maybe someone can make a bette guess. But I'll guess at some cure all solutions that might work, but shouldn't hurt anything if they don't.

Since you keep all your email on the server, you can always turn off the account and then turn it back on after it disappears from the Mail app. Just go to the account in settings and turn off the switch next to mail. Go to to the Mail app to make sure the account has disappeared, then back and turn it on again. I've done this several times when my calendar gets a bit wonky; usually because I'm playing sync games with other servers.

More drastically you can remove and then re-add the account. As long as you are syncing with an online service your stuff should come right back.

If you are not familiar with how email works since the last update you may not know that you can choose to view just inboxes, including a new universal inbox, or accounts. Hit the back button at the top of the list to go to Mailboxes. If you choose one of the inboxes, that is all you see. If you choose from the account section you will see all the mail folders that are setup to sync from your that account. This usually includes at least the Trash and Sent folders.

OP
N

Nontech

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the info I deleted acct and added it and it didn't work the 1st time but when I did it again it worked and I received all my emails now I am getting a pop up that says cannot verify server identity mobile mail can't verify the identity of pop3.townisp.com would you like to continue and when I hit continue a couple times it is fine but I shouldn't get that pop up

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Call/contact your email provider and see if they are having problems with the mail server, or have recently changed some settings.

Also, if your internet connection is having problems that can cause authentication errors like this.

If you are using the same account on a computer email client you could also double check between the two settings and make sure they are identical.

Other than that, I don't have anymore ideas.

Most reactions

Latest posts