What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email no notification

Scally

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been playing with this for days and at my wits end.
I do not get notification of emails, ie no sound,no notification at email icon.
Yet if I click my email and then inbox sure enough I receive them.
So have have read many articles, and tried everything suggested,ie re booted,reset,deleted email account and set up again,turned on push and fetch etc.

Ok here's the obvious I have my phone and wife's iPad by my side all receive email, so it's not wi fi.
I have installed yahoo on iPad, this receives mail ok, it just the ready installed email that dosnt receive ....until I hit the inbox, it used to work perfectly but no longer.

I don't know what else to try suggestions please

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you want to receive notifications, you'll have to set this up for the account in Settings - Notifications - Mail - the account.
If it simply has to be the small red circle with the number of new emails, enable "Badge App Icon".
It's also possible to select an account specific sound there.

You'll find all the other options how to receive notifications as well:
image.jpg

Hope that helps.

OP
S

Scally

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you want to receive notifications, you'll have to set this up for the account in Settings - Notifications - Mail - the account.
If it simply has to be the small red circle with the number of new emails, enable "Badge App Icon".
It's also possible to select an account specific sound there.

You'll find all the other options how to receive notifications as well:
View attachment 65090
Hope that helps.
Thanks

Badge app ico is turned on in mail and in yahoo app , but still do not receive email without tapping inbox

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks

Badge app ico is turned on in mail and in yahoo app , but still do not receive email without tapping inbox
You have to go to Settings>Mail, Contacts, Calendars>Fetch New Data and turn on the Push switch. Then tap on the email account desired and select Push. Now your email messages will automatically download and you will receive the notifications mentioned in the previous posts.

OP
S

Scally

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you but have already checked this,the only thing I can think of is maybe server settings are wrong.
But email is there after tapping so assume they are ok ?

OP
S

Scally

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You have to go to Settings>Mail, Contacts, Calendars>Fetch New Data and turn on the Push switch. Then tap on the email account desired and select Push. Now your email messages will automatically download and you will receive the notifications mentioned in the previous posts.

Hi yes done all that still didn't work

OP
S

Scally

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did you set up the account for the Mail app using Yahoo?
View attachment 65097

Yes I set it up via yahoo as per your email,didn't work,I then added a gmail address to see if yahoo was the problem,still didn't work
Last night I tried to reset to factory settings,it's a 4 hour download, but my internet times out after two hours
.so still with problem I have sat down with wife mini iPad and checked every setting andd still have the problem.
I can only assume that is a glitch in IOS 8.3 that is compatible with mini iPad but not mine

I can't find a way to roll back update ?

Thank you for your help.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Use iTunes to restore your device.

Reset your iPad afterwards: press and hold Home and Power button simultaneously until the Apple logo appears. Let go of both. The iPad will power up on it's own.

In case you're thinking of reverting to a previous software version: that's not possible. The only iOS you'll be able to install is 8.3.

OP
S

Scally

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Use iTunes to restore your device.

Reset your iPad afterwards: press and hold Home and Power button simultaneously until the Apple logo appears. Let go of both. The iPad will power up on it's own.

In case you're thinking of reverting to a previous software version: that's not possible. The only iOS you'll be able to install is 8.3.

I have tried to restore via iTunes, but it say I want 4hrs to download, that's not a problem for me but the internet times out after two hours.

So stuck until I get BT infinity hopefully then I can try again

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yahoo push notifications have never been as reliable (in my experience) as iCloud notifications. You could try changing your mode to Fetch, and every 15 minutes. It will have some impact on the battery, but might work better; as long as immediate notification is not the issue.

OP
S

Scally

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yahoo push notifications have never been as reliable (in my experience) as iCloud notifications. You could try changing your mode to Fetch, and every 15 minutes. It will have some impact on the battery, but might work better; as long as immediate notification is not the issue.

Thank you it is already set to fetch every 15 mins but it dosnt,well not until you hit inbox,so you don't know you have email until you look manually
It has always been quiet efficient but now it's bugging me

Most reactions

Latest posts