What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email name

bigmo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have two email accounts which are gmail account accounts. When I go into email apps and press email accounts on the top left to edit my settings and the name that appears on my emails I am told that I cannot change the name on the server so my emails come across with the word 'main' which I suppose represents my main email on my iPad.

Does anyone know how to change these settings ? Thanks for any help you can provide.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
You should be able to change the name in the email settings on the iPad.

You should set the Description value to what you want the email account to be named on the iPad to distinguish the two.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
To go with what Mike said ... you can change the descriptive names of your e-mail accounts in Settings.

Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Accounts and select the account you wish to edit. Once the pop-up appears of your account, press the top line so you can get to what you see in this picture:

Settings.jpg

You can change any of those four fields. Obviously, you'll want to keep your Address and Password as what's on the account, but you can change Name and Description to whatever you want.

After the changes are made, when you go into your Mail app - you should see the accounts with the names, like this:

Result.jpg

If that's what you are looking to do, I hope this helps and clarifies. If not, sorry, I didn't understand the question so never mind (although, as always, I enjoyed playing with the Skitch app :) ). Good luck.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts