What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

eMail issues

sargan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use a POP3 email account (Btconnect) I read & file mails on another device (main device) ... but I alsoi read them on my iPAD Air2
Issue is while they delete and keep synch with server on other device - the iPAD does not .. it just keeps building up in INBOX (going to see if I can swap to IMAP to get around this)

Currently have 900+ emails in inbox ..... is there a way to bulk delete these ? ............. it will take too long to do one by one.

I did try deleting account, ... all gone, but when I recreated account - all emails returned.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to iPad Forums!

To remove all of the emails in your Inbox, try the following:
Go to the Inbox of the account, tap “Edit” at the top:
39972883-981A-4E76-9C1A-3C06476C9D2F.jpeg

Mark one of the emails. Then tap and hold Move, and remove the checkmark from that email:
4C17A53F-AFDE-4B26-A189-225975BC6CC6.jpeg

As soon as you’ve done this, you’ll find this:
13688D9B-21AF-4DA9-A887-4F0562F0DAC7.jpeg

Select the desired mailbox.

Note:

If there are too many emails, moving them to the trash might need some time, or a few tries, until you manage to remove all of the emails.

Hope that helps.

OP
S

sargan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to iPad Forums!

To remove all of the emails in your Inbox, try the following:
Go to the Inbox of the account, tap “Edit” at the top:
View attachment 85922
Mark one of the emails. Then tap and hold Move, and remove the checkmark from that email:
View attachment 85923
As soon as you’ve done this, you’ll find this:
View attachment 85924
Select the desired mailbox.

Hope that helps.

Could not get it to work.
I press edit .. then press one of ‘radio buttons’ to select an email, but as soon as I tap ‘move’ screen changes to the folder view, so can’t unselect it.
Am I misunderstanding your steps.

OP
S

sargan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As soon as I touch ‘move’ (and hold) it goes straight to folder view

Aerofly

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I posted this in the iPhone forum the other day............

“This subject has appeared before quite a while ago now, and a work around was found at the time to move all emails at once to the Trash bin.
Well I read about a new (simpler!)way, in Business Insider today, and it works as follows...........

While in Edit mode, select a single mail message such as the top one in the list, hold the move button at the bottom of the screen, and whilst continuing to hold the move button, unselect the email. After this, you will be asked if you want to move them all to the trash bin.

Once they are all in the Trash bin you will be able to select them all and delete all of them.

PLEASE NOTE: This does work on the iPad as well, but you won’t be asked to transfer your mails to Trash, it will go automatically, so be aware there’s NO going back if you do it on the iPad.”

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I posted this in the iPhone forum the other day............

“This subject has appeared before quite a while ago now, and a work around was found at the time to move all emails at once to the Trash bin.
Well I read about a new (simpler!)way, in Business Insider today, and it works as follows...........

While in Edit mode, select a single mail message such as the top one in the list, hold the move button at the bottom of the screen, and whilst continuing to hold the move button, unselect the email. After this, you will be asked if you want to move them all to the trash bin.

Once they are all in the Trash bin you will be able to select them all and delete all of them.

PLEASE NOTE: This does work on the iPad as well, but you won’t be asked to transfer your mails to Trash, it will go automatically, so be aware there’s NO going back if you do it on the iPad.”
That’s exactly what I’ve posted above. Trash is not the only option, btw. You can also move all emails to another (available) mailbox.

Aerofly

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sorry J.A, I just thought reading it in text might provide a different perspective on how it’s done. I certainly didn’t want to undermine your pictorial effort. Apologies if it came over as that.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry J.A, I just thought reading it in text might provide a different perspective on how it’s done. I certainly didn’t want to undermine your pictorial effort. Apologies if it came over as that.
No problem. I just wanted to confirm your post and add that there are more options than trash.

OP
S

sargan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just tried again .... it worked.
Key was deselecting email while still holding move button ... I was leaving gonof move button .... 9000 emails gone. :)

Thanks

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I just tried again .... it worked.
Key was deselecting email while still holding move button ... I was leaving gonof move button .... 9000 emails gone. :)

Sargan - of course, you meant 900+ and not 9000 emails gone - right? :cool: Dave

PrismStudios

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.prism-studios.org
Thanks! I just learned something. I slavishly empty my emails almost daily, but this is great to know if they pile up, and they do ....fast. Maybe I can help my freind who has 12k of the things in her inbox.

Most reactions

Latest posts