What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email help needed for Bell Aliant Sympatico account

MountainMax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Has anyone sucessfully used their bell aliant (sympatico) email on their ipad, I can't get mine working, called bell and they said they dont' support the ipad and cant give me any help. What I used was PoP settings for pop.bellaliant.net and smtp.bellaliant.net for the settings and my email address and password. but i cant send or receive...... Can anyone help?

grate1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had trouble at first, but got it to work with some help from Aliant.

In config
address was my email
discretion my email
host name was pop.bellaliant.net ( yours may be sympatico)
username was my email
Password was those cap letters they gave you for the network.
outgoing was smtp.bellaliant.net ( again for sympatico, it may be different)

Anyway it works well. Hope this helps

Ben

Ybcuz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Having the same problem, were you able to fix it?

Thanks

Reaction score
I was successful by using some server settings that were Aliant mail server settings quite a few years ago. pop1.nbnet.nb.ca and smtp1.nbnet.nb.ca
When prompted to not use SSL, choose yes. This will happen twice I believe. Once I used these settings, it worked flawlessly.

In a cloud

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have tried all the suggestions here with no luck. Set up my 'nbnet' account with the exact same settings as my iPhone4 and my PC laptop, which both work perfectly with zero success although I do receive the odd email on it. Spent an hour and forty five minutes with Bell tech support and went thru 9 people, only the last one knew nbnet accounts even existed! Had o e even tell me my home number, cell number and email didn't even exist...guess I should expect a massive refund after all these years of paying for them! LOL

If anyone has any other ideas...HELP

Ipad mini 32g wi fi

Most reactions

Latest posts