What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email from Apple Forum

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not sure, but I think what she needs is someone to either delete her iPadFourm subscriptions (with the exception of this one?) or change them so they don't send email notifications. Her setting should prevent new subscriptions from sending notifications, but that should probably be checked too. If that is possible for a Moderator or Admin to do. No idea. Though I have no idea how many threads she could be subscribed too with just 33 posts. That's all we can do, of course. If there are other forum subscription notifications or spam from other sources it will have to be tackled from those sources.

I have checked Dorothy's subscriptions...and the settings are fine on this end and there would not be any more email notifications from this Forum outside of what had already been subscribed.

I can't delete subscriptions without deleting this one also, so am loathe to do that, but have asked that question.

I do think all these emails are coming from elsewhere.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have always enjoyed the forum. Reading others questions and answers have been an education. Reading your post I wasn't sure if You had deleted the unsolicited email because I am still getting them. My own email started coming through but I thought it was Because I had already manually deleted hundreds of them. I still have over 2,000 unsolicited emails sitting there. From Black Magic, Gurus, Voodoo Spells, etc. if only I could find out where on the Apple Forum they are coming from I would be able to stop them. I tried going to one of their messages but the message that came up said that the page had been removed. As I said before I am afraid my memory is going to be used up. My iPad doesn't have that much memory. Thank you for taking the time to help. Dorothy

Hi Dorothy......we need to know who your email provider is so we can give you instructions on how to stop these emails coming in. Deleting them is only a short term fix with more being sent all the time, so it's best to be able to stop them coming in the first place.

Deleting and reinstalling your email will do nothing to stop this type of thing.....so let us know who your email provider is .....is it gmail, hotmail etc?

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Andrew, I'm sorry if if this is the second post from me today but I can't see the other one. What I was asking was in the post that
You sent me you make reference to removing a link for spam/phishing the unsolicited email I have been receiving. Unfortunately I
Am still receiving it. I have over 3,000 of them now. I am really worried because I am on an iPad and it doesn't have a lot of memory.
As fast as I delete them they just keep coming in. .would it be possible for you to try deleting them again. Thank you so much. Dorothy

Hi Dorothy, I'm also from Australia like leelai and due to the time zone difference you won't see this until you come back here again. The link I removed was from your post not from your email account. When you return here please answer leelai's post above so that we can give you any further instructions on how to remove those nasty emails and for you not to receive any more of them. That has to be actioned on your (IPS) Internet Services Provider's end. If emails are removed from your IPS's server, maybe by blacklisting those spam/phishing emails or even maybe changing your IPS account details, they should then not appear anymore on your iPad.
Don't worry, there should be a solution to your problem.
Andrew

Sent from Oz using Tapatalk

OP
D

dottie_79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi to all of you Administrators who gave so much time and showed such patience in helping me. I apologize for taking so long in getting
Back to you. I was so overwhelmed with the unwanted email so I took a couple of days to think over what else I could do. I finally
Called my ISP The Bell Telephone. They suggested I delete the account and change my email, which I did. That did it. It even deleted the thousands of unwanted emails too. My problem is solved. The rep. Told me that they have had so many complaints from exactly the places I was and that after trying several things found the only way was to delete the account.
I want to thank you all so much for your help. Best Wishes Dorothy Atkinson

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi to all of you Administrators who gave so much time and showed such patience in helping me. I apologize for taking so long in getting Back to you. I was so overwhelmed with the unwanted email so I took a couple of days to think over what else I could do. I finally Called my ISP The Bell Telephone. They suggested I delete the account and change my email, which I did. That did it. It even deleted the thousands of unwanted emails too. My problem is solved. The rep. Told me that they have had so many complaints from exactly the places I was and that after trying several things found the only way was to delete the account. I want to thank you all so much for your help. Best Wishes Dorothy Atkinson

Hi Dorothy,

Its so good to hear that your problem has now come to an end.

Changing your email account will always get rid of unwanted mail as they belong to that account only. It is the quickest fix of all but most folk don't want to change their email address as it's usually tied to so many other things. I'm glad you didn't mind losing that account and now you can just get back to enjoying your life and iPad.

Thank you for letting us know! Enjoy!!

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Use a paid private email that let's you create many email aliases. Make a different one for each acc. When one gets out of hand, delete it!. I pay about $34.00 and an extra $15.00 for the privilege of having IMAP, ( works with ipad mail app). I can also send my email encrypted if I choose, (only the recipient can read it). This is the direction we are heading. SECURITY, PRIVACY

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Both Gmail and iCloud offer aliases, though a fairly limited number of them. Which is not a problem unless you need a whole bunch of aliases at a time; otherwise you just delete and older, no longer used one, and make another.

I've often used aliases from my Apple email account when subscribing to questionable services. Well I used to. Now I just don't subscribe to questionable services. If I don't trust them, I don't use them.

Most reactions