What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email bin

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi all,
Firstly, compliments of the Season to everyone.
I have a Gmail account, amongst 3 others, set up on my iPad and am finding it very frustrating when I delete emails. My first issue is that when I access the mail account and delete emails in my Bin, they all reappear in my All Mail folder so I have to delete them all again. Also, when I wish to delete mail in the Spam folder, I have to tick each one separately then press Delete. I hope I have explained myself clearly. These are just irritations but I was wondering if I am making life difficult for myself or if there is something I am not doing correctly.
Thanks in advance.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
In your Gmail account - do you have it set up to "Archive" your deleted emails or to actually "Delete" them? To check, go to the "Mail, Contact, Calendars" tab in your Settings app. On the right side, press your Gmail account's line. At the bottom of the pop-up is a line titled 'Archive Messages." Ensure it is turned OFF. This will make it so that mail that you delete is actually deleted, not just put away somewhere else (archived mail doesn't get deleted for realz :))), it just goes into the All Mail...).

As far as selecting emails one at a time to delete them, I'm afraid you will have to settle for selecting them one at a time. it's only in the actual Trash folder(s) that you have a "Delete All" button. Unless, of course, you want to jail break. :) Then, there is a tweak that allows you to "delete all" in any folder. But, nothing for thr stock iPad, I'm afraid. Sorry.

Marilyn

OP
Mesqueunclub

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thank you so much, Mickey. All sorted as I did as you suggested. Have a very Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year.
Best regards,
Mike

OP
Mesqueunclub

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi again,
Everything seemed fine for a while after following Marilyn's advice but today I just deleted my emails and they all ended up in the All Mail folder! Bummer!

OP
Mesqueunclub

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just an update, all back to normal again, thank goodness. I think I will leave it at that. Thank you again, Marilyn.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Whew! I am glad it was a false alarm. And, am glad the solution is [still] working for you.

And, thanks for posting your follow-up(s). Always good to hear back ... especially on the success stories. :)

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts