What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email auto open, blue dot disappeared

Corbins

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i really hate this and I hope there is an easy solution I'm missing. I click my mail icon and it opens my mailbox. The first email which has not been read and has a blue dot next to it and it automatically becomes read. The blue dot goes away and I haven't read it. Now it might not be the first email, maybe the second email, blue dot goes away.

I've missed returning several emails before because I might go to the 5 email to read and think I've read the others because they don't have that blue dot to indicate unread.

I want the blue dot to stay unless I physically open the email. Thank you.

OP
C

Corbins

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wish it was programmed unless I physically touch that email the blue dot stays. Yes, I have marked so many emails as unread. It's the ones I didn't notice the blue dot went away or just forgot. Thanks.

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What's a blue dot? I don't remember if I've seen that or not. I use hotmail for my email.

Glad you asked that question. I use @gmail.com since the last major update it took a while to get used to.
Circles down the side in different colours depending on what has happened to the email. Slide to left to delete it.
I find it great now.
Is this Blue Dot on here somewhere ??

Most reactions

Latest posts