What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email Attachments not fowarding

readyfreddie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
is the attachment on your computer? sometimes when you click on the attachment fist and say send, it will automatically bring up your email. Freddie

Roy Rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mmteam31 said:
When I hit forward for an email and say include attachment, it is not forwarding the attachment.
Has anybody figured out why this happens? Bob

Hi Bob and welcome, a little more info would help, such as iPad generation, iOS version, size of attachments you are trying to forward, what have you tried so far to remedy problem etc. do you get an error message? There are lots of very knowledgeable and very friendly people here who will be willing to help. ;)

OP
M

mmteam31

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.floridaluxruy.com
Hi Rob,
Thank you for your response. I have an iPad 2. I am using the latest iOS version 6.0.1. The attachment was just a small three page
black and white PDF.
Until later.....Bob

Roy Rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mmteam31 said:
Hi Rob,
Thank you for your response. I have an iPad 2. I am using the latest iOS version 6.0.1. The attachment was just a small three page
black and white PDF.
Until later.....Bob

Now that's interesting...was the PDF a photo of the pages or an actual PDF file? I have never forwarded a PDF file but I have copied them into the email itself to send on to another recipient....does that make any sense?

I am sure that someone else here with a greater amount of grey matter will jump in with lots of good advice, meantime I am going to send myself an email, try and attach a PDF file to it and forward to myself to see what happens. Watch this space. :D

Okay, I used GoodReader to send a PDF file in an email, which I received correctly, I then forwarded to myself and hit include attachment which again came through correctly. So.... If you sent the attachment as an actual PDF file....all I can suggest now is a reset/reboot. Hold the power/sleep button and the home button down at the same time and continue holding until the Apple logo appears. Let go and your iPad should restart although it may take longer than usual. See if that solves your problem. Sorry if you knew how and already did the above.

Last edited:

ktoroyan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mmteam31 said:
Thank you Rob. I will try that.
Bob

Do you know how I could file a picture attachment I received by email into the Photos folder on my IPad?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
ktoroyan said:
Do you know how I could file a picture attachment I received by email into the Photos folder on my IPad?

Long press on the image until the save image dialog appears. Touch that and the image will be in your camera roll.

ktoroyan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
Long press on the image until the save image dialog appears. Touch that and the image will be in your camera roll.

Thanks, How do I transfer it from camera roll to Photos folder

ktoroyan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KevinJS said:

Note, I don't use Facebook or Twitter, I am unable transfer from camera roll to Photos

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
ktoroyan said:
Note, I don't use Facebook or Twitter, I am unable transfer from camera roll to Photos

You can copy and paste a photo from the camera roll to another album.

Select the photo, hit the Arrow out button, select copy. Navigate to the album you want it in, long press an empty portion of the album and the paste dialog will come up, tap Paste and it is there.

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
readyfreddie said:
is the attachment on your computer? sometimes when you click on the attachment fist and say send, it will automatically bring up your email. Freddie

I have an iPad 2 and when I am in my open ready to send email I don't have an option to attach. Do you know what I am doing wrong?
Eg. I want to respond to Craig's list job. When I reply to the job is there a way tp attach my resume?
Thanks

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
In which app is your résumé stored on your iPad? What's the name of the app?

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Asharp said:
In which app is your résumé stored on your iPad? What's the name of the app?

I had it in my email, I have it saved in Dropbox, catch, and iCloud.
When I open my email I can either send or forward,reply,or print when I tap on the arrow. I don't understand how other people have a choice to add or insert an attachment , I put my query about attachments and this is where it sent me. Should I be on a different forum?

Last edited:

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I had it in my email, I have it saved in Dropbox, catch, and iCloud.
When I open my email I can either send or forward,reply,or print when I tap on the arrow. I don't understand how other people have a choice to add or insert an attachment , I put my query about attachments and this is where it sent me. Should I be on a different forum?

Isn't it just pics from the Camera Roll you an attach internally on an email? For others you would have to send as an email from their relevant app.

Most reactions

Latest posts