What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email attachment

OP
F

Faizul72

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I mean, deleting an app. Let say, app was deleted, the icon no more appear. Does it mean the file/app is really deleted? Can I recover it, rather than download it again.

On other topic, Download movie, kind of funny as a lot of movie I cannot download as not available in "Malaysian Store". My guess probably Malaysian authority does not allow it to protect its small film industry. Any other way I can download it via ipad? I notice that iTunes in PC give option to download from US store.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you deleted the app off the iPad, it is gone from the iPad. However, if you've been syncing with iTunes on your computer then it is probably still there.

With your device connected, got into iTunes and select your iPad under the devices list. Go to the Apps tab at the top of the screen. You'll see a list of apps to the left. Look for your app there. If it is there just check the box next to it, and the next time you sync it will be restored to the iPad.

You can also remove apps from the iPad by unchecking the boxes here, or rearrange them drag and drop style using the home screen display to the right.

The Sync Apps box at the top must be checked. To automatically sync new apps from the iPad the box at the bottom of the list must be checked as well.

International copyright and local laws are a mess when it comes to the various online music, book, and movie stores. You hear about missing content in various stores all the time. It would be nice if the governments (or more likely the media companies) would set out some straight forward and co-operative rules.

You can only use the US store if you have a US iTunes account. My understanding is that you need a US address and probably a US credit card to create one. I have heard a few people say they managed with out the credit card by using gift cards, and others say that didn't work for them.

I don't know enough to give you good advice on how to set up or use a second iTunes account.

tbrown92030

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey there, TwerpPoet (I recognize that avatar!!! ;) ). I had figured out the basic emailing a picture or other file, but here's a related question...

If I'm reading email from someone and want to reply, is there a way I can get a photo attached to my reply? I guess what I would really hope for would be something like a "clipboard" (at the expense of sounding to Windows-y) and the ability to copy a pic to the clipboard and then paste into email.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi. I wondered if you'd wander into the forum eventually. :)

Actually the iPad does have a clipboard, more or less. You can copy from one app and paste in another, provided the clip is compatible and both apps support copy and paste. In this case you are in luck.

When you are in the Photos app, just tap and hold on the photo you want. You'll get a popup menu with the choice to copy. Do that, then close and go to the Mail app, tap and hold where you want the picture and select Paste from the popup menu.

There isn't any thing like sizing or formatting, just the whole picture inline, but it works.

If you need several pictures you can keep moving back and forth between the apps. The quickest way to do this is the multitask bar. Double tap on the home button and you will see all the apps you've run recently. The last few are kept in RAM with their runtime state preserved. They will open where you left off when you closed them.

Welcome to the forum. It's a pretty good bunch that hangs out here.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey there, TwerpPoet (I recognize that avatar!!! ;) ). I had figured out the basic emailing a picture or other file, but here's a related question...

If I'm reading email from someone and want to reply, is there a way I can get a photo attached to my reply? I guess what I would really hope for would be something like a "clipboard" (at the expense of sounding to Windows-y) and the ability to copy a pic to the clipboard and then paste into email.

There is an ugly workaround. When you're reading the message you want to reply to, touch the screen, select all, copy - then go to Photos, select the photo you want to send, touch the icon with the curly arrow, select 'email', you'll then be transferred to a blank email with your picture attached, then paste the text from the old email.

If you need to send multiple pictures, you can use the same sort of workaround as Photos will allow you to attach up to five photos...

I know twerppoet will have a better suggestion - he always does - but, if he's any sense, he's in bed now and I'm just waking up!!

Tim

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Been and gone. You getting enough sleep, Tim?

And my suggestion is about so, so. In some situations your's might work better. Adding attachments to email replies is turning into a reoccurring problem without an excellent solution, yet.

I'll be heading to bed in another hour or so. I get to sleep in as much as I want, so bedtime isn't fixed.

Dosiedoe2003

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In the Photos app you'll see your grid of pictures. When you select the icon there will be three grayed out buttons to the left. Tap to select up to 5 photos, and then select the email button.

This one piece of information---the FIVE photo limit on email attachments--saved me from tearing out my hair! I went immediately to register for this Forum and bookmarked it-thanks!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You can add more than five photos to an email, but it's a bit tedious.

1) Open Mail and start a new email.

2) Go to Photos, find the photo, tap and hold, then choose Copy from the popup menu.

3) Go back to Mail, tap and hold in the body of the text, thens choose Paste from the popup menu.

4) Repeat 2 and 3 for each photo.

You can also use an app like GoodReader to create emails with multiple attachments; but all files must be copied to GoodReader first.

A bit of bright news: All indications are that you will be able to attach photos to emails from within the Mail app when iOS 6 comes out; probably sometime mid or late Autumn.

Most reactions

Latest posts