What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email attachment question!

Reaction score
With keyboard open, with closed, Madelyn playing a Flash game on the iPad.
The other day I was waiting in line at the grocery store, didn't have my iPad so I was using Team Viewer on my phone ( same basic thing) and I uploaded some photos on my desktop to Dropbox then downloaded them to my phone from Dropbox just to kill time. When I got home I downloaded them to my iPad.
I use Oulook often ( saves me from having to buy apps), MSOffice2010 ( same thing) did an ITunes update( 10.2 from 10.1) from the iPad the other day , change the desktop settings, add and remove programs, changed my desktop wallpaper and slideshows screen saver, and I'm sure other stuff I don't remember off the top of my head.
On the desktop access the Splashtop icon at the bottom right, settings, experimental features, enter your gmail account and give yourself a password. Now when away from home it somehow uses your gmail to find your ip address and port.

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from wherever I'm at right now via my Apple tablet

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1307583674.317625.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1307583674.317625.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 220
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1307583692.521687.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1307583692.521687.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 188
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1307583713.671126.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1307583713.671126.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 171
OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With keyboard open, with closed, Madelyn playing a Flash game on the iPad.
The other day I was waiting in line at the grocery store, didn't have my iPad so I was using Team Viewer on my phone ( same basic thing) and I uploaded some photos on my desktop to Dropbox then downloaded them to my phone from Dropbox just to kill time. When I got home I downloaded them to my iPad.
I use Oulook often ( saves me from having to buy apps), MSOffice2010 ( same thing) did an ITunes update( 10.2 from 10.1) from the iPad the other day , change the desktop settings, add and remove programs, changed my desktop wallpaper and slideshows screen saver, and I'm sure other stuff I don't remember off the top of my head.
On the desktop access the Splashtop icon at the bottom right, settings, experimental features, enter your gmail account and give yourself a password. Now when away from home it somehow uses your gmail to find your ip address and port.

I will have to read this quite a few more times to wrap my brain around it, but thank you!:)

So....can I use Splashtop away from home and access my desktop on my iPad?

Reaction score
Yes.
The last part , from "on the desktop" and down is the instructions on how to enable away from home usage.

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

Most reactions

Latest posts