What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email attachment question!

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was sent an email with a very important file. I opened and got what I wanted. But today I went back, as I saved that email, and the attachment is not there.

So ~ when I opened it, because it went to another screen to open it, Hell. I think it did ~ I was in a meeting and very distracted.:mad:

It downloaded, somewhere ~ where is it? I so need it back.:(

Am I missing something?

Reaction score
Need more info.
Gmail or other? Is the email still on the server ? I ask that because I auto forward a copy of all my Verizon mail to a Gmail account and when I check my mail the Gmail has the attachment but I have to go "fetch" it from Verizon. I don't save the original Gmail on the server when I delete from the Ipad or phone but my Verizon I save . Maybe you can fetch it again?
PDF or other? Maybe it's in ibooks?

I'm not familiar with most of the Office type apps and most attachments I save go into photos since they are photos.
Lemme go mail something to myself and see where it saves. I'll post back unless someone beats me to it.

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

Last edited:
Reaction score
I sent myself a .PDF and a .doc.
The PDF gave to option to open in icab,iBooks,istorage,, Paperdesk or Dropbox
The .doc gave Dropbox,icab,istorage,TagdiskHD.
Hope that helps.

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from wherever I'm at right now via my Apple tablet

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Need more info.
Gmail or other? Is the email still on the server ? I ask that because I auto forward a copy of all my Verizon mail to a Gmail account and when I check my mail the Gmail has the attachment but I have to go "fetch" it from Verizon. I don't save the original Gmail on the server when I delete from the Ipad or phone but my Verizon I save . Maybe you can fetch it again?
PDF or other? Maybe it's in ibooks?

I'm not familiar with most of the Office type apps and most attachments I save go into photos since they are photos.
Lemme go mail something to myself and see where it saves. I'll post back unless someone beats me to it.

Yes, Mark ~ I'm sorry. It is gmail. And I had forgotten all about this thread but I really need it!

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I sent myself a .PDF and a .doc.
The PDF gave to option to open in icab,iBooks,istorage,, Paperdesk or Dropbox
The .doc gave Dropbox,icab,istorage,TagdiskHD.
Hope that helps.

Support Our Troops!

Oh, and it is a PDF, like you said. Okay ~ I will be right back and...omg, check all those?

Wow...

Reaction score
It isn't " archived" on gmail is it?
Dunno what to ask you to check. That's just the few I have. If you've got good reader, Evernote, etc there could be more

Support Our Troops!

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't see "archive" anymore....

Mark ~ it is not in iBooks, but there is another PDF in there I have been looking for! You are brilliant, Sir. I just checked Pages, but it isn't in there:(

Last edited:
Reaction score
Go into your mail app, tap the gmail account on "accounts" look at "all mail" it's the black hole of all my deleted and archived mail until I delete them about once a year on the desktop gmail version
I'm actually not brilliant, just too techno ignorant to know I can't do that

Support Our Troops!

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Go into your mail app, tap the gmail account on "accounts" look at "all mail" it's the black hole of all my deleted and archived mail until I delete them about once a year on the desktop gmail version
I'm actually not a genius, just too techno ignorant to know I can't do that

Okay ~ I am there....But what do you mean "it's the black hole of all my deleted and archived mail"

Is that where our archived mail goes?:eek:

In there my email is there, but it doesn't have the attached PDF with it. WTH? If this was on my computer it would...

Reaction score
Yes that's where all my archived mail goes. Don't know why or how to change it.
I have 0 idea why the attachment isn't there. That's just weird, it should have kept the attachment as far as I know. Again I'm a tech challenged individual, am usually over my head beyond the start button and sometimes that gives me problems
Perhaps the desktop gmail has it?
I think the appropriate acronym is WTFrank?
Sorry I couldn't be of more help and when you find it please post back where you found it.
Support Our Troops!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Awesome! Put Splashtop on your Ipad and you can use your desktop on your Ipad next time ;)

Support Our Troops!!

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I lied. I remembered, Mark! I love it! Here is my desktop. I just need to know what else I can use it for.

Now ~ can I leave the house and still access my desktop?

Reaction score
Cross post.
Yes whatever, and I mean whatever, you can do on the desktop you can now do on the Ipad. Your finger becomes the mouse and the keyboard built in blows the Ipad one away, it's in the lower right if you need it.

Support Our Troops!!

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts