What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email attachements

wild

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I have just got my iPad 2, I am not able to send any attachments. Can anyone help me

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You have to think opposite from what you are used to when you are e-mailing from the iPad. You have to be in the application that contains the file and open/start an e-mail from there - this is opposite from a "regular" computer where you start in the mail applications and then go get the file. The iPad doesn't share files like a computer.

That said, what is it that you are trying to e-mail? Whatever it is, have that file open in the app. Usually, somewhere in the app is an option to e-mail. Select that option and you'll usually get an e-mail pop-up so you can fill out the mail details. Then, you an send it.

Marilyn

OP
wild

wild

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion, if I want to upload a pic or some doc with the mail? What I am suppose to do .

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Good explanation.

Could it be possible to attached documents to and email your replying to?

Thank you!

No, you can't attach to an e-mail to which you are replying. The best thing to do is, in the Mail app, press the button as if you are replying. Then, copy the whole e-mail, then open the app that contains the file you want to attach. Then, within that app, start an e-mail and paste what you copied from the Mail app. That way, it'll look as if you are replying.

Yes, it's a bit of a cluster, but it's what we've got. Sorry.

Marilyn

rlapoint

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Doubt it. It hasn't been mentioned in the upcoming features but anything is possible. Mickey's advice above is right on for now. Open file, look for option to email that file is the only way at present.

Most reactions