1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Email App

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by bayoubengal, May 11, 2011.

1. bayoubengal

bayoubengal iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Is there an app for ipad 2 that will let you change font styles/colors/size for composing email messages? If so, what is name of app? TIA
  2. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +120 / 0
    I moved this post to the Help section, where I think it might receive better attention. I hope this is OK.

Tim
    iPad Forum Moderator
  3. bayoubengal

bayoubengal iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  4. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +120 / 0
    I can partially answer this question myself. The iPad's basic mail app Mail can display HTML-formatted text, but it can't originate (author) that text itself. What I do is to use an HTML-editor app, compose the formatted email in that app - where I can control the font, font size, font colour, formatting etc and then cut and paste the resulting formatted text into the iPad's native Mail app, where it displays just fine.

It's very straightforward. There may be other better mail apps out there that members can recommend but there are certain advantages to sticking with the iPad's native Mail app.

There are several HTML-editors out there in the App Store, depending on precisely what you're looking for.

Tim