What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email app for my purpose

sgiridhar007

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I searched the forum and could not find a related thread. If i have missed out, then kindly pardon.

I use iPad 4. I am a math teacher (teach math for grades 9 to 12) and use gmail to email my students. I also have my personal email accounts in gmail and yahoo. I am looking for an email app that will fulfill my objectives which are:

1) I have my student emails and mobile numbers stored in gmail contacts under various groups such as "grade 9", "grade 10","grade 11","grade 12". Each group has about 30 contacts. The app i look for, should provide gmail access and pull in the contacts maintaining the groups. I mean that the groups should be maintained as seen on desktop PC so that i can send bulk emails to a particular grade. Currently i use desktop for bulk emails. It is so easy to send bulk email from desktop PC.

NB: i have learnt to use ipad4 for bulk emails. I login into gmail through the gmail app and then select the "desktop version" option provided. But it is slow (though i have a 2Mbps internet) compared to the desktop. I would prefer an app for bulk email.

2) The app should include yahoo mail and support multiple gmail accounts (i have two).

3) its nice if the app has sync with dropbox.

4) Would prefer a free app, though i doubt so. If paid ones alone satisfy my criteria, then , kindly provide the details.

5) Any other feature provided by the app is welcome like easy archiving messages, conversation style messages etc. But the first three points should be covered.

I have read articles on email clients for ipad 4 but i dont get enough info to meet my criteria. Member friends, please help me. Tx !!

OP
S

sgiridhar007

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I wish to inform that i have solved my problem with the app called Mailshot Pro. I wish to thank all readers even though i received no reply.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I wish to inform that i have solved my problem with the app called Mailshot Pro. I wish to thank all readers even though i received no reply.

That is great to hear that you have a solution and thanks for letting us know what it is, I'm sure that it will be useful to others.

The Archangel

OP
S

sgiridhar007

iPF Noob
Reaction score
as calling is not possible on ipad, i was looking for group email app. Mailshot Pro is wonderful. It is possible to create groups and add contacts from the Native contacts app just by a check list , rather than add one by one. I manage all my work from my iPad4 now. I am even off google contacts !! - something i never thought would happen.

As they truly say - "There's an app for that!!" - So True !!

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
as calling is not possible on ipad, i was looking for group email app. Mailshot Pro is wonderful. It is possible to create groups and add contacts from the Native contacts app just by a check list , rather than add one by one. I manage all my work from my iPad4 now. I am even off google contacts !! - something i never thought would happen.

As they truly say - "There's an app for that!!" - So True !!

So true! It makes life easier when there is a certain application that you are looking for!

Cheers!! :)

Most reactions

Latest posts