What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email app crashing

Weehop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Someone sent two photos that equalled over 7 MB. The email app that came preinstalled on my IPad 2 opened once. I tried to forward the photos and the app closed. Now when I try to reopen it, it closes right back up without downloading anything. So I am unable to get in to delete the photos. i am stumped as to what to do. Any ideas out there?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Try force closing the app. Double click the home button and swipe up on the thumbnail above the mail app icon.

OP
W

Weehop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Guess I am not understanding what you are saying. While the app opens to a blank page and sits for a few seconds as if it wants to load stuff. When I double click the home button nothing happens. It won't close. Won't do anything but shut itself down and go back to the desktop. There has never been an icon over the mail app icon, so I don't understand what I am supposed to do. Thanks for any suggestions. Very much appreciated.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
When you're on the home screen and double click the home button, you should see something like this. You swipe up on the picture above the mail app icon. This feature was introduced with iOS 7.
image.jpg

OP
W

Weehop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I double click the home button when the app is open, nothing happens. Doesn't close. when it finally closes itself and I double click the home button what I see is a faintly framed (see through-like a ghost) open app that I swipe up on, and it closes. it has always done this if the app crashes.
Very frustraiting.

OP
W

Weehop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apparently the app keeps receiving email as I hear the notification sound. i even went to the server and cleared email from there, but apparently what is in the app stays in the app. I am stumped.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have you shutdown to iPad and restarted it?

If that does not help, possibly going into settings and removing the current email account, then setting it up again to clear any issues relating to the account/content.

OP
W

Weehop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you shutdown to iPad and restarted it?

If that does not help, possibly going into settings and removing the current email account, then setting it up again to clear any issues relating to the account/content.
Here's a twist. Tried to delet the account and that screen froze up. Couldn't delete it. Not so sure I should try again. This is too weird.

OP
W

Weehop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, my email app came back on it's own, but with all the built up emails gone. Not going to complain about that. There was also an update (bug fix) to my isp's "connect" app. so the problem may have been with my isp. thanks for all the suggestions.

Most reactions

Latest posts