What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email address

mcp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, mcp here, new to this forum and iPad. My email account is set up, but sent mail shows up with aol.com as the sender..so friends aren't opening my mail! Anyone know how to fix this? I am not tech savvy...so easy to understand responses are appreciated. Granny with lap computer needs help!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is AOL your email service provider? If so, of course, that's the reason. A way around this is to open a gmail account and to use gmail for sending your mail, but AOL for receiving your mail - since mail received on your gmail account can be automatically forwarded to your AOL account.

On the iPad there's no way to send from your AOL account but to use a 'reply to' address that's different from aol.com (you can do this on a PC but not on the iPad).

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts