What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Elvis Presley’s Graceland Launches Multimedia iPad Tour

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
1689-1408470233-95475cd7a5d943bd7d94f50cea140fc4.jpg
If you’re a fan of The King, Elvis Presley, and you’re lucky enough to have a trip booked to visit his Graceland mansion in Memphis anytime soon, then you might be interested to learn that Elvis Presley Enterprises has announced today that it is revolutionising the historic home tour experience at Graceland by introducing an interactive multimedia iPad tour.

The tour, which is narrated by actor and big Elvis fan John Stamos, started last week as part of the Elvis Week 2014 celebrations, and was apparently very popular with the visiting fans.

“Elvis was well known for being not only an early adopter, but a first adopter, and loved bringing the newest technology to Graceland, from one of the first home VCRs, big screen TVs and remote controls to an early portable ‘briefcase phone’ and the very first microwave oven sold in Memphis,” said Joel Weinshanker, Managing Partner of Graceland LLC. “We are proud to continue this legacy by bringing cutting-edge iPad and iBeacon technology to music’s most iconic landmark, and offering our guests a richer, deeper and more comprehensive tour experience.”

“When I walk into Graceland, I feel Elvis’ vibe,” said John Stamos. “Whether you are a longtime fan or a 5-year old, you experience a real personal connection to the King. It’s an incredible honor for me to be the voice of the new iPad tour at Graceland. It’s no secret that I’m a huge Elvis fan, so to be the host and guide for the hundreds of thousands of visitors who tour this incredible home every year—well, it doesn’t get better than that.”

This new addition to the tour makes Graceland one of the first major attractions in the U.S. to offer an iPad to every guest on the tour. The iPads use iBeacon technology to trigger location-based content that lets visitors learn and experience even more about the life of Elvis, via audio, video and photos from the Graceland Archives, much of it rarely seen until now.

A separate iPad youth tour has also been introduced, a customised experience for kids and tweens, also via iPad, with interactive photo activities designed specifically with the younger visitor in mind.

Source: Elvis Presley Enterprises

Most reactions

Latest posts