What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Electric Havens

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The other day, I was listening to Electric Havens and I hear where Ritchie is now gone. What will replace those greats that walked among us and taught some of us the difference between music and MUSIC? Will it be Bieber? Gaa Gaa? The odd assortment of various and sundry Rappers?

So very sad to live and watch those that shaped you die off one by one. Some die naturally and some fall to 'the needle and the damage done.'

Just so very, very sad.

At least we have the Electric Amish:

Last edited by a moderator:

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Every generation wails this lament, of course, but for ours I'm afraid it might finally be true. Popular "music" today is more than ever the product of marketeers, rather than artists. The inevitable result is boring, homogenized pap (Top 40) or droning noise (everything else). It's almost enough to make one yearn for Yanni--but not quite. Thank goodness for several centuries' worth of tuneful, innovative classics and jazz, music that can't be outgrown.

I expect more young people than ever to embrace classical music or jazz as an alternative to mindless bieberdrivel. Not everyone treats music as mere audio wallpaper, a background soundtrack for their digital lives.

This post handcrafted from 100 percent post-consumer recycled electrons.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My 10-year-old has Rush's 2112 album cover as his Windows wallpaper. A friend of mine in the UK posted on Facebook over the weekend that his 11-year-old daughter asked him to drive round the block so she could finish listening to AC/DC's Thunderstruck, and I heard a similar tale from a friend in Michigan. His 14-year-old daughter has recently succumbed to the temptations of the classic rock bands.

It appears the kids are waking up.

Most reactions

Latest posts