What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Elderly Lady Asks Question

PFields

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello to you all, and thanks so much for this forum. I have learned as much from reading your posts as the iPad Guide and the two books I have: iPad for Dummies (senior version) and Learn iPad Visually.
Question:
Is there any way to delete mail before it appears on the screen? On my PC, I can spot irrelevant emails or Spammy ones and not open them---I know that one shouldn't open these. On the iPad, these open automatically when I delete the email above them. Have been tiptoeing around them until I can get to my PC mailbox.
I have AOL, and they are very good about putting these in my Spam folder on PC, but more and more are showing up in my iPad mail.
Any way to delete them before they open?
You all are so helpful---I enjoy the comments, on subject or not!:)

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
Not really, however there is no way you would get a virus on the iPad, especially from email. Now, if you have a lot of mail in the inbox. you can select an email that is already open, then hit the Edit button on top and go through and touch each message you want to delete without opening.

The other thing you can do is go into AOL's site and have all the mail forwarded to gmail (which has great spam filters) and set up the iPad to point to gmail.

OP
P

PFields

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you so much. Solution one works, and seems simple, NOW.
I just got the iPad Forum App, so entertaining reading and help is never far away....

Most reactions

Latest posts