What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

EE (UK) TopUp on my iPad Air 2

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just thought that I would post this to help others - and remind me if it happens again.

I had used the cellular side before, but not for a few months - despite reminders popping up. A couple of days ago, needing it now, I turned it on and up came the EE info in the top left hand corner often the iPad with good signal strength. I did a 1GB top up, for £10, but at the end of the credit card transaction a message came up to say it had not been completed. I tried again, but then kept getting a message of ' ...unable to purchase a pass.'

So I tried the local EE shop, but their only solution was to try to sell me a new sim for £15 or £30, which I did not take up - a new sim card was the wrong solution. Good thing, too. I checked my credit card this morning and £10 had been charged to it, but I still had no cellular connection.

I phoned EE on 0800 956 6100, which was actually the business number, but they put me through to support. The first person took the iPad number; did something and asked me turn the iPad off; wait 30 secs, and then back on. Turning back on I lost all cellular signal. I was then put through to tech support and she suggested a network reset. That solved it, although I had to put my home wifi password back in. She also resolved a problem with myEE account, whereby an access code did not get sent to me. (With myEE, I should be able to top up easily in future.)

So congrats to EE for good support.

Btw, myEE account suggests I have 1TB , but I assume that this is an error and I will have to try hard to use all of the 1GB in 30 days as it is just a fallback.

Most reactions