What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Education Apps

CRVetrano

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone else believe there is a current gap in quality between apps for pre-k and apps for teens/adults? It's a shame, not enough great children's apps! Especially for the iPad!

inakube

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you mean games or skill development apps like drawing, spelling etc?

OP
C

CRVetrano

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you mean games or skill development apps like drawing, spelling etc?

I just think it's a shame that here are so many great apps out there for teens/adults but not so many for children. A lot of the apps I've looked at for children really are not up top par. Though, I guess the majority of apps on the app store are not up to par :)

Sonia ferdous

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree that the educative apps are not up to par but there are still so many apps. But the apps like “music colorâ€, KidSpring apps and “Learning is fun†of Alexandre Minard are really really good for the children.

maddimelon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are actually a lot of App Companies now that focus on developing apps intended towards kids. I think it's a pretty good start. Most of those apps that I've seen are pretty educational.

maddimelon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There's this news and free educational app available in the app store that is intended for kids and preschoolers. It's called Maddie and Matt, and it teaches kids the best social graces and helps kids learn good manners. It is quite rare that there are even nice apps like this for kids so they will know how to behave in various social settings. It is very educational and easy to access.

MrT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Some useful media and notetaking apps about. But, as you say needs to be a bit more in the middle in terms of real learning apps.

Most reactions