1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Editing my pdf documents

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by sirandrewmuir, May 7, 2011.

1. sirandrewmuir

sirandrewmuir iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I write my novels in odt store on my ipad in pdf so I can read what I have written on the train. Is there any way I can make correction to the pdf document and nect time I'm connected tomy computer restore the corrected ocument if necessary using dropox?
  2. Kin Lau

Kin Lau iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I would suggest that you don't use PDF format, since editing a PDF is quite difficult, it's a display format, not meant to be edited. You can Annotate a PDF. Why not just store it as regular text?
  3. sirandrewmuir

sirandrewmuir iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'll give it a try. Usually when I0ve seen anything in regular text it just seems a jumble of words with ni indentations. I'll see what happens when I convert odt to regular text.
  4. Kin Lau

Kin Lau iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There's a few apps that read ODT, but none that support editing yet.
  5. sirandrewmuir

sirandrewmuir iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Welll I gave it a shot but I write mostly dialogue and seperation of the lines is critical to be ale to read easily and txt doesn'thelp at all. Are there any other formats that work on ipad other than .pdf?