1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

editing MSword documents

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by itasara, Jun 3, 2011.

1. itasara

itasara iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    What is the best app, if there is one, to edit ms word documents?
    I looked up pages... the con I have read is that it doesn't support drop box,
    but maybe that doesn't matter?
    I also looked up documents to go... looks good but I'm not sure.

Thanks.:)
  2. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    One of our members carried out a survey of Office apps for his company; you can see his conclusions in this thread...

http://www.ipadforums.net/new-member-introductions-site-assistance/22431-hi-all.html

The Apple iWorks Office suite for the iPad has a set of useful Help pages that show their capabilities here...

Pages is Word compatible and can read .doc and .docx files and save in .doc and .pdf

Keynote is PowerPoint compatible and can read .ppt and .pptx files and save in .ppt and .pdf

Numbers is Excel compatible and can read .xls and .xlsx files and save in .xls and .pdf

http://help.apple.com/iwork/1.3/mobile/interface/index.html#tan724868a9

Tim
  3. eddieras

eddieras iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i've been using office connect - works fine and it works easily with dropbox