What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Editing CONTACTS on the iPad

Prince69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi friends..!
My Contacts List in my MobileMe account look brilliant : Surname - First Name and sorted alphabetically....as it should be..! Same applies to Contact List in my iMac.
Now, after "syncing" these contacts with my iPad (and iPhone), the list looks completely different in my iPad Contacts List..!! First name - and than, Surname..!! And sorted alphabetically as well!!
I WISH THE CONTACTS LIST TO APPEAR ON MY IPAD TO BE SAME AS ON THE OTHER DEVICES (IMAC AND IPHONE) - AND TO BE ABLE TO EDIT ALL CONTACTS DETAILS IN ONE (1) GO, ON MY IPAD.

Could anybody help me in this..??

Thanks and kind regards from Dubai,

Johan

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just go to settings>mail,contacts,calendars>then scroll down and under>sort order... Change the way they are sorted.

OP
P

Prince69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks so much Dany for your help...!!! All done and solved within one (1) minute..!!

Kind regards from Dubai,

Johan

OP
P

Prince69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just go to settings>mail,contacts,calendars>then scroll down and under>sort order... Change the way they are sorted.

Hi Danny,
could I pls call on you again...!!?? After updating my contacts in my iMac / MobileMe Contact Lists, and after "syncing" my iPad with my Mac afterwards, all contacts in my iPad -UNDER "ALL CONTACTS"- (this does NOT happen in my iPhone...!!) are showing DOUBLE..!!!
Why is this, what did I wrong in the settings..???
Do you have an idea how to solve this problem easily, without having to remove all the contacts one-by-one in the list..!!??

Thank you!!!

Johan, Dubai

Last edited:

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had this same problem when useing my trial version of mobile me. I'm not 100% sure how to solve this but it has to do with syncing mobile me and your email address book. Just make sure you are syncing to one or the other. (you may have too clear all the contacts first then select MobileMe).

OP
P

Prince69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you Danny : will have to do that!! ;-(

Kind regards to Texas..!

Johan

Most reactions