What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Editing bookmarks on reenact

PiJuice15

iPF Noob
Reaction score
New Apple user here, so sorry if this is a bit of a newbie question...

I am trying to add safari bookmarks to my home screen. I know how to do it, but my question is if there is a way to edit them or create it without visiting the webpage? I am trying to put a link to my work login for easy access, but as soon as I hit enter, the site redirects, and when I create the bookmark from the redirected page, it does not work.

Ie.. I enter mobile.work.com, and it redirects to mobile.work.com/login, but it will not let me login without going through mobile.work.com.... I hope this makes sense... Thanks!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is an interesting question. I thought I might be able to do it by typing the URL into the space for the URL and, before hitting return, trying to save it. But that doesn't work and it reverts to the previous URL that was in the address bar. Once the bookmark is on the Home screen there doesn't seem to be any way of editing it either.

Hopefully someone else will have an idea about this.

Tim

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I suppose you could try halting the page just before it redirects, if you are fast enough. Tap the X at the right of the URL while the page is loading, and create the Bookmark from that page.

Be tricky.

There are a few apps that will let you create home page shortcuts for SMS, email, phone calls and URLs (which is what you want). I don't use them, so you are on your own. When I search the ones that keep popping up are Icon Project (for iPhone but will probably work with iPad) and Touch Icon Creator (for iPad).

To use these icons, you have to keep the creation app. Delete it and the shortcuts will stop working.

Most reactions

Latest posts