What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Edit documents, add signature, save as pdf

shadcook17

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I need a way to open a word document on an iPad 1 and edit, add a signature, and save it as a PDF.

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There may well be a quicker way but I opened a Word file in Pages from Dropbox (but of course you could import it from anywhere!) edited it, then inserted my signature which I keep in my saved photo album and exported by emailing to myself as a PDF.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's the way I do it too. However, if you need to add a 'real' signature, you can export the document without the signature as a PDF and then use the app, SignMyPad, to add the signature directly - with finger or stylus - to the PDF, flatten the resulting document and then email or print it.

Tim

Rog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think Google docs should do this.

Microsoft just introduced the non beta version of office365 and I have read it will work on IOS devices.

Sent from my huge iPod touch via IPF.

Last edited:

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use an app called TakeNotes. There might be better ones, but I didn't bother researching much.

I needed to sign some docs, so I googled a credible recommendation, found TakeNotes, bought it, signed and sent. I've used it repeatedly since. It's quick, easy and it works without a hitch for me. I open, sign with my finger, flatten and email.

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
TakeNote looks like a useful app but can you edit an imported Word doc?

Most reactions

Latest posts