What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ed

edbrumby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an 8GB folder on my pc with many subfolders - all pdf files. Can I transfer them to the Ipad2 without zipping which would take 8 hours. I have goodreader and filebrowser. I am new to this. Bought the Ipad yesterday. FAQ didn't come up with anything ehen I typed "transferring folders"
thanks
Ed

davidalan99

iPF Novice
Reaction score
A quick and easy way, or at least one would be to download on your PC DropBox. Set that up and add a folder or two to it. Then get the iPad app version and down load that and set it up. DropBox gives you 5 gigs for free to start. When you select the file to open on your iPad you ad offered a choice as to which app you want to use to open and view the file.

Sent from my iPhone/iPad using iPF

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Ed - welcome to the forum! :)

There are a number of ways of transferring files/photos from your computer to the iPad, both wired & wireless; let me suggest just one solution that you may want to try:

* First obtain Dropbox - this app provides a cloud service in which you can transfer files into your box and then easily pick them up from your iPad - this is done via a Wi-Fi connection.

* You'll need the Dropbox app on your iPad and also on your computer (the latter will put an icon in your system tray, if you're using Windows) - the service is 'free' for 2 GB of storage (so w/ your 8 GB, you'll need to upload & delete a few times); of course, you can purchase more storage.

* Once your PDFs are in the Dropbox cloud, you can open the app on your iPad and open the files in any compatible program there; for me the options are iBooks, GoodReader, & Evernote - just hit the little box w/ the outgoing arrow in the right upper corner of the Dropbox app.

Please let us know your solution(s) - good luck & post back! P.S. Dropbox information HERE

Most reactions

Latest posts