What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ed Brumby

edbrumby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I searched FAQ for memory cards - nothing! I have just bought an Ipad2. The camera adaptor reads my camera card with DCIM folder and 8 "digit" photos names in this directory.
I copied jpeg files from my computer to a 8GB SD HC Integral memory card. I set up DCIM folder and gave the photos 8 didgit names. The Ipad says no photos to import!
Any ideas?
Ed

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well ~ actually, it is already in our Help Section.

oops.
animated-smileys-embarrassed-06.gif

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You've done what usually works. My only suggestion is to actually format the card in a camera, then copy the photos to the DCMI folder with the computer. Also, you said you used 8 character names, but did not say that you included the extension (.jpg). If you did not, those are also important. The iPad has no way of knowing that the files are pictures otherwise.

I'm not sure what other file types will work. RAW formats may work, or not. There are a quite a few variation on them, and not all are supported by the Photo app.

Most reactions

Latest posts