What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

EC Technology 48W 4 Port USB Car Charger review

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The 48W Car Charger from EC Technology is a quad port, 48w / 9.6A USB charger designed for the more power hungry of mobile gadgets we use these days. Measuring in at 73 × 33 × 38mm and weighing 30g, it seems large by car charger standards but couldn't really be much smaller given this houses four USB ports. Included in the package is the charger, a micro USB cable and a user manual.

It features Auto IC technology which means this unit will supply the power required by your device up to 2.4A per port to ensure it charges as quickly as possible. It also claims to do this for four devices at the same time with no impact on each other and this certainly appears to be the case with my testing - an iPhone, iPad mini with retina and iPad Air 2 all charged as quick as I would expect if they were charging on their own.

Circuitry also promises to avoid over charging or heating and this is reassuring. I have a small, cheaper, single port charger that delivers less power but also gets noticeably warm during use. This EC Technology model performed its tasks while remaining cool to the touch at all times.
Build quality feels very solid and I am more than happy to use this as my go to charger when in the car, especially at such a low price point and the four USB ports make this ideal for the family road trip.

I got this from http://www.amazon.co.uk/EC-Technology®-Charger-outputs-Smartphone/dp/B00ZZ6DITY

More details from http://www.iectechnology.com/productinfo.aspx?pid=d37e0de0-39dd-4162-b154-f472a4c27c0e

Video review:

Attachments

• EC Technology Quad Car Charger 1.jpg
    EC Technology Quad Car Charger 1.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 514
  • EC Technology Quad Car Charger 2.jpg
    EC Technology Quad Car Charger 2.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 507
Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts