1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

eBook Reader Suggestions

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by readermark, Oct 28, 2011.

1. readermark

readermark iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am considering buying an iPad, but I have questions. Does the iPad come with Adobe Reader already loaded? Can it be used as an ereader? If so, what formats does it accept? Is this capability already on the iPad, or do you have to download apps for reading books on it?
    Thanks.
  2. Hayles66

Hayles66 iPad Expert

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +320 / 0
    Hello readermark

I have loads of books on my iPad. Most of them are ePub and pdf's. The iPad uses iBooks which you can get free from App Store which is where most of my ebooks are stored. Reading is my main activity on here as well as everything else.

If you need more info there are threads devoted to iBooks and other apps that you can get for free or paid. I use Amazon, WHSmith, Kobo etc... I live in UK but I'm sure other countries have their own versions

Sent from my iPad using iPF
  3. richsadams

richsadams iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +99 / 0
    Welcome to the forum! There are a lot of great people here willing to lend a hand anytime. Often using the Advanced Search box (at the top of every page) will lead you to the answers you're looking for. If not, feel free to post a question in the appropriate area.

Please take a moment to view the information here to get the most out of your iPad as well as our forum:

Forum Rules - Please read
    Hacking Rules - Please read
    iPad for Beginners
    Free iPad User Manuals
    Download The Official iPad Forum App

Regarding your question, Adobe Reader for the iPad does not come installed, however it's a free download. More here:

http://www.ipadforums.net/apple-ipad-news/50140-adobe-reader-ios-launched-today.html

FWIW most folks use GoodReader for PDF's and to read any number of other file types, it's very versatile. Also available from the App Store.

As Hayles66 mentioned, besides the built-in iBooks App there are a number of excellent eBook/ePub readers available for the iPad as well...many are free.

BTW, I moved your post to the iPad Help area where you’re likely to get a better response to your question.

Welcome again and enjoy!
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2011
  4. Hayles66

Hayles66 iPad Expert

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +320 / 0
    Thanks rich

Sent from my iPad using iPF