What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ebook Avaliability

Aladyleyna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello! I'm currently in the market for purchasable ebooks (since I just cant't read classics all the time), so does anyone know of any good bookstores that cater to the international market? I'm from Singapore, and I have found that some of the books in these bookstores are not available for my country. I'm looking for bookstores with a wide selection, so if anyone has any recommendations, please let me know! Thanks so much.

Oh yes, amazon, kobo, boarders and Barns and nobles are not available in my country, and I have already tried ebooks.com. I am also only able to access the free books on iBooks too.

Though if anyone has any suggestions for free, recently published ebooks, they'd be very welcome too!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
See if you can find Stanza. It has a few built in bookstores, not a lot of popular or bestseller titles, but better than nothing.

And if you like science fiction see if you can get to the baen.com site. They have quite a few free titles, and you can download them as ePubs, among other formats. They are DRM free so you can read them in any compatible reader.

Last edited:
OP
Aladyleyna

Aladyleyna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
See if you can find Stanza. It has a few built in bookstores, not a lot of popular or bestseller titles, but better than nothing.

And if you like science fiction see if you can get to the baen.com site. They have quite a few free titles, and you can download them as ePubs, among other formats. They are DRM free so you can read them in any compatible reader.

Hey thanks! It's a huge relief that Stanza is available in my country, and I actually like it as a reader. I have yet to actually test the availability of the latest books, but I really like the vast selection of free books, especially from Feedbook, as well as the available format. I guess I'll stick to ebooks.com for now when it comes to blockbusters, and wait until more ebooks are available for my country, especially since there are some titles that seem interesting enough.

The Alternative

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
thealternativeone.blogspot.com
If you like Science Ficition you can download ePub formatted books from Baen's Free Library here: Books - Baen Books Just click on the book name and download the ePub version to your PC. Then drag and drop into iTunes.

And, www.Manybooks.net is a free download site with lots of books (new and old) in many different formats.

Last edited:

artgirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I see you are looking for bookstores..are you interested in purchasing ibooks as well..for your reading pleasure?

OP
Aladyleyna

Aladyleyna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Alternative said:
If you like Science Ficition you can download ePub formatted books from Baen's Free Library here: Books - Baen Books Just click on the book name and download the ePub version to your PC. Then drag and drop into iTunes.

And, www.Manybooks.net is a free download site with lots of books (new and old) in many different formats.

Hehe, manybooks is on my bookmarks as well now, and I pretty much use it with feedbooks the most now. I still use ebooks.com though when I want to buy recent publications, it seems that book availability seems to be better now as more books are added.

OP
Aladyleyna

Aladyleyna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
artgirl said:
I see you are looking for bookstores..are you interested in purchasing ibooks as well..for your reading pleasure?

Problem is, I can't purchase iBooks, for some reason, probably due to copyright issues, I can only download the free, public domain ones. And I actually prefer stanza to iBooks now.

ahxnccj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
can someone provide any good book or link on the topic of iphone programming? or Android programming?

I want to learn something abut Mac and android.

blayson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check out feedbooks.com. Great place for good free and purchase.

Most reactions

Latest posts