What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ebay app screen judder whilst scrolling items for sale

Beards

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Guys,
Since installing iOS 7 I have noticed whenever I try to carry out a viewing of items for sale in the eBay app the screen judders horrendously.
It is that strong with the thumbnails jumping back and forth you literally can not view the items satisfactory.

Has anyone else noticed this or have a remedy?
I have left a query with eBay but there has been no reply to date.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I just checked it out, since it's been a long time since I've used the app. A search result with lots of thumbnails was juddery, but still usable.

Have you tried deleting and re-installing the app? {Assuming you've already restarted the iPad at least once.}

OP
Beards

Beards

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, many thanks..... I've tried deleting and installing, restarting, settings etc. but nothing alters the way it operates.

Interesting though you also notice a slight juddering.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
What iPad do you have? I have the iPad 3.

I only notice the judder when actually scrolling. When the screen is still it is perfectly viewable.

You could also go to Settings > General > Accessibility and turn on Reduce Motion, to see if that helps. It's for system motion, but it might lighten the CPU load just enough to help. Not that I expect it to make any difference, since once and app is open the system's motion effects won't be active.

Edit: A little more playing around. It also works better in the bigger thumbnail view, or the scrolling list on the left view.

Last edited:
OP
Beards

Beards

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks again... It's an iPad 4 so the processor shouldn't be finding anything a problem.

I did try the settings with Reduce Motion switched On, sorry I should have mentioned that previously but as you say it makes no difference whatsoever.

Ref try using different thumbnail views ~ Yes, I did look at this and although it does lessen the amount of judder when using a larger thumbnail view it does so at the loss of written detail provided with the smaller thumbnails.
The other option which is basically a List view is inappropriate.

As to other possibilities I closed everything running down and only had wifi turned on but again it makes no difference.

So, it looks like yes there is an issue with the eBay app and possibly the juddering differs from machine to machine.

Most reactions

Latest posts