What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Easy itunes question for the pros

Greygoose_ipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Finally decided to try hooking my iPad up to iTunes and attempt to transfer some movies that I have in m4v format from the pc to the iPad .. Easy enough ... Right?

Here's what happens... I copy the file from the pc folder and do a paste into my default itunes library called movies. Seems to cut and paste just fine. But when I do a "sync" , nothing happens.....

I am able to do a direct copy and paste straight into the "movie" area that comes up under my iPad in devices and the movie appeared in my video folder without performing a sync. Aren't things in the library suppose to sync with the corresponding folders in the device?

Am I doing something wrong?.... I have the preference setting to not sync automatically, but that shouldn't cause this behavior. So in the end, I got what I wanted to accomplish completed, but wanted to try and get a better handle on this iTunes thing.

When I Transfer music in my iPod, I put it In The music library and it seems to sync just fine to the music area under the device.

Btw....none of this media was purchased through iTunes store.

Any explanation concerning this would be helpful.... Thanks for everyone's input on some of my previous matters.....

Greygoose

OP
G

Greygoose_ipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
May have answered my own question here. I believe you need to turn on the sync feature from the menu across across the top . Sounds like I need more practice.

Thank

Goose

rlapoint

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Your right. You need to check the 'sync movies' box. Also instead of copying and pasting, try using iTunes - 'File' in the menu bar and on the drop down 'add file' or 'add folder' option which will bring up a menu to add files or entire folders to your library. Sync and they they are.

Most reactions

Latest posts