What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Easiest Way to Transfer Files from PC to iPad? Frustrated User Needs Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JewelGarden

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Liptonese said:
Curious, for those who transfer files regularly, are there any good apps you would suggest to access FTPs?

Buzz Viewer works well and has lots of good help files right in the app (which I find very useful). Here's a sample:

BUZZ Viewer allows you to connect to many servers, computers (Windows, Mac, Linux...) or NASs. Then you can browse server's contents; and download, upload files/folders or streaming documents, videos, audios, ebooks... from server to your iPad easily. BUZZ Viewer supports following servers: FTP, SMB, AFP, WebDav, Dropbox, Box.net, Google Docs, Media Server (UPnP).

It goes on to describe step by step what to do-- great for those like me that easily get lost if the directions aren't clear! Got it working with my NAS in short order and love the ease of managing my files now.

kcowan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
File Browser

I purchased File Browser but cannot get the settings right on my Win7 PC to access the files over wifi.

ipadtipz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm a newish iPad user (iPad 2, 64 Gig, wifi only, iOS 5.1.1) and so far I have a love/hate relationship with this device. I love the interface and the apps. But I am tearing my hair out over the problem of transferring files from my PC to my tablet. Most of these files are pdfs, ebooks, and digital comics, but also some music files & avis.

I've jailbroken the thing and installed iFiles and OpenSSH from Cydia. I also have GoodReader and FileApp Pro. I've diligently searched the web for info on how to best transfer files between PC & iPad, and the best method I found was wireless transfer using iFiles to mount the iPad as a networked drive. I need to be able to transfer files in bulk and inside folders. At first I thought the iFiles/network drive method would work great, but then my PC said it would take about 11 hours to transfer 800 MB! This is ridiculous, of course, so I tried to see if I could do the same type of transfer via the USB cable, but apparently that's not possible.

So, here I am--stuck with a wonderful device with an absolutely lousy file transfer system. I really want to use the iPad, but if I can't solve the file transfer issue I'm just going to sell it. Can anyone offer some advice?

Thanks!

sulwyn

I am using this app from App Store called Docsync.Net which is free. With this I can transfer any microsoft office, pdf, jpeg and png files from my windows or mac to my iPad over LAN or WAN. I just have to touch and the file gets downloaded to my device. In fact now I am also able to do the same with files in my Dropbox and Google Drive accounts.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is an old thread. Either the original poster has found the answer elsewhere or has moved on (last post was in June). Therefore, this thread is closed.

Marilyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts