What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Easiest way to switch Stores on ipad ? Or Move ? Lol

Wimbleton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am trying to watch espn live , however, my account was opened in the caribbean , Dominican republic store. can i change stores to us, permently. I usually only seem to want to buy apps from the us store ... So i canT see the point of being in the dominican store . Failing if this is possible to do or not , can experienced people suggest what i can do ? Thank you

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am trying to watch espn live , however, my account was opened in the caribbean , Dominican republic store. can i change stores to us, permently. I usually only seem to want to buy apps from the us store ... So i canT see the point of being in the dominican store . Failing if this is possible to do or not , can experienced people suggest what i can do ? Thank you

Go to App Store - Featured, scroll down to your Apple ID. Tap it and choose "View Account". A popup will appear where you have to enter your password. Then you'll see your Apple ID with your current country.
Tap "Country/Region", then "Change Country or Region". The next popup will tell you about your subscriptions. Tap "Okay", then "Store" and choose USA from the following dropdown menu. Then choose "Next". Follow the instructions to set up a new account/country.

You will need a payment method (None is also possible) and an address for this country, and accept terms and conditions again, of course.

That's a method to go to that store when you intend to stay there and not go back to your country's store.

The other possibility would be to set up a complete new Apple ID by signing out of the one existing, using another email address for your second Apple ID. If you choose the second method, you're able to switch between stores without losing payment method, address and subscriptions.

Last edited:

Most reactions