Early Edition or Reeder?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by imdakine1, Jun 2, 2010.

1. nanohits

nanohits
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    If you want proper Newspaper reading go grab PressReader, the best value app on the iPad period but its for reading real newspapers not RSS feeds. Nothing beats that value for money.

Early Edition is OK, I have tried it and didnt like it, it is just not convenient other than just a newspaper look and speedwise there is no comparison to some of the other apps on the market.

2. tdmsu

tdmsu
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I've used news rack on iphone and now iPad. It is a good program, but I like early edition better due to the newspaper like interface.

3. gjperera

gjperera
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I resent the "getting fed some candy" comment regarding the reader app for the iPhone and iPad. When you feel strongly about a product, especially one that works well and others are looking for tips, I make a point to share that with others if I can...there's no candy here, just honest and unbiased opinion.

4. nanohits

nanohits
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Thats the only thing that the Early Edition is good for just that , it comes in a nice Newspaper look.

5. Balibe

Balibe
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Have you checked out Feeddler RSS? The free version is supposed to be ad supported, but hasnt been implemented yet.

I like it because it works with Google Reader. My feeds are always sync'd regardless if I view on my iPad, mobile phone or laptop.

6. iLuvMyMac

iLuvMyMac
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I'm really loving Early Edition as well. It's the first App I load up in the morning before going to work