What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

E-newspapers

FruitJuice

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One of the reasons I've opted for iPad 2 is because it saves me buying a newspaper in the morning, I'm now lead to believe even with a jailbreak you still have to pay for a subscription to read your daily newspaper,!!!

As luck would have it I have just read about an app called The Pulse

Does anybody use it?

If so what FULL rss feeds can you recommend

MoneyGuy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Me newspaper is available for free using their app. I can't believe they're giving their product away for free but I say thanks. Doesn't it depend on each newspaper?

ipaduser434

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can read editions of just about any newspaper. I have the WSJ, USA Today, Zite (excellent app), and have a number of local and regional newspapers bookmarked in Safari. Haven't tried the Pulse. Will check it out.

The odd thing is that the WSJ app is limited (they want you to buy a subscription), but I can read just about the entire newspaper on my computer.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
...I'm now lead to believe even with a jailbreak you still have to pay for a subscription to read your daily newspaper,!!!
So you were under the impression that if you were to jailbreak your iPad you would get something for free that you normally would have had to pay for? We usually refer to that as THEFT and it will not be discussed on this forum!

OP
FruitJuice

FruitJuice

iPF Noob
Reaction score
...I'm now lead to believe even with a jailbreak you still have to pay for a subscription to read your daily newspaper,!!!
So you were under the impression that if you were to jailbreak your iPad you would get something for free that you normally would have had to pay for? We usually refer to that as THEFT and it will not be discussed on this forum!

Fair enough but I believe JB is not illegal so how can it be theft

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The Pulse is good, but Zite is better. You should DEFINATELY check if your local rag has an app. Here, they all ad-supported and free.

OP
FruitJuice

FruitJuice

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Pulse is good, but Zite is better. You should DEFINATELY check if your local rag has an app. Here, they all ad-supported and free.

Excellent, thanks will have a look and see if the newspapers I read are on it

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score

A few bullet points:

1- Jailbreaking has been ordained by the DMCA to be absolutely legal

2- Jailbreaking allows you to install all sorts of stuff disallowed by Apple

3- Some of those things not allowed are illegal content like apps and music

4- When you DL say, a Beatles album from some nefarious web site, you have used a legal tool to break the law.

5- Here is a favorite web portal for news and magazines. If 22 thousand newspapers and magazines are not enough, well, you are addicted to the news.

AllYouCanRead.com - The World's Largest Online Newsstand - 28,000 Newspapers and Magazines from 200 Countries

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Jailbreaking is not illegal, but acquiring something for free that was meant to be paid for is.... THEFT! Jailbreaking does not give you the right to steal things. What part of this is not clear?

Most reactions