What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

E-mailing problems

Thomasp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am currently with talk talk as a service provider. Because I have been with them before they took over I have a worldonline e-mail address.
Using the i pad mail application I have two accounts which have been working perfectly up until a few days ago.
A worldonline account and an i cloud account.
The worldonline account is my default one in the settings.
I don't recall any updates or setting changes being made by myself.
When I now try to send an e mail from my worldonline account I get the message "cannot send mail, the connection to the server smtp.worldonline.co.uk failed. Additional outgoing mail servers can be configured in settings> Mail, contacts, calendars." .?????
I go to my desktop computer which uses the same outgoing mail setting and it sends fine.
I use my wife's i pad, which is connected to the same router by wi-fi of course, and it sends fine.
I have went over all my settings and cannot see a thing wrong or changed from what it used to be?
I can now only send an e-mail using the i cloud account?
They use the same router don't they?
Why am I experiencing this ?
If I now compose an e- mail in my worldonline account, with or without an attatchment, it will not send and I get the above message?
Is Apple experiencing issues with e-mail accounts at the moment.
Is this a temporary glitch?
Help!!

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
What helps in most cases is to delete the email account that refuses to send emails, and install them again.

OP
T

Thomasp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks will try that. Very strange tho.
I take it I am not the first?

OP
T

Thomasp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Many thanks JA.
Deleted the account.
Reinstalled and now it sends and receives.
It also returned a whole load of e mails I had long gone deleted? But no problem, deleted again
Thanks

Most reactions

Latest posts