What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

E-mail Text

metraman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've looked around and can't find any info on coping text in an e-mail all i've been able to get is one word at a time? Any help would be great.
Thanks

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Metraman - welcome to the forum! :)

Concerning your question, check out pages 21/22 on the iPad2 User's Manual - a brief explanation on editing/copying/pasting is provided.

Basically, if you hold your finger on a word, a magnifying glass will first appear which allows you to position the cursor for editing; if you release your finger, then a small blue box will highlight the word; blue control buttons in the upper left & lower right corners are also present, along w/ several menu choices including copy - just move the blue control buttons to include all of the text you may want to copy and paste - please post back here if you are still having a problem - good luck!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
In the e-mail, after you've selected that one word, you should see the word highlighted in a light blue and two [teeny-tiny] blue dots on the top left and bottom right of that highlighted. If you press and hold either of those two dots, you can drag the highlighted area to the left or right (depending on which dot you press/hold). Do note that this works best if you pinch out so that the text is bigger (so your finger can "catch" those dots easier).

Also, if you double-tap and hold on the first word of the text block/paragraph you wan to copy - you can then drag your finger across the entire section of text you want to select and the blue highlight will appear and select the words as your finger drags. This does take practice - mostly to get the double tap/hold maneuver down.

If I've explained this well, hopefully this helps. If not, let me know and I'll see if I can clarify. So hard to type an explanation (easier in person)...!

Marilyn

P.S. Well, giradman has helped also, but since I don't want to delete my typing and I do want you to see the double-tap trick ... I'm posting this anyway! :D

OP
M

metraman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Metraman - welcome to the forum! :)

Concerning your question, check out pages 21/22 on the iPad2 User's Manual - a brief explanation on editing/copying/pasting is provided.

Basically, if you hold your finger on a word, a magnifying glass will first appear which allows you to position the cursor for editing; if you release your finger, then a small blue box will highlight the word; blue control buttons in the upper left & lower right corners are also present, along w/ several menu choices including copy - just move the blue control buttons to include all of the text you may want to copy and paste - please post back here if you are still having a problem - good luck!
What manual I didn't get one with my unit. The blue box move works great I tried rubbing those blue words till the glass had marks. Thanks to both you guys.

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can download the manual for free from the iBook store :)

Sent from my iPod touch using iPF

Most reactions