E-mail Text

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by metraman, Dec 1, 2011.

1. metraman

metraman iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've looked around and can't find any info on coping text in an e-mail all i've been able to get is one word at a time? Any help would be great.
    Thanks
  2. giradman

giradman iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +865 / 0
    Hi Metraman - welcome to the forum! :)

Concerning your question, check out pages 21/22 on the iPad2 User's Manual - a brief explanation on editing/copying/pasting is provided.

Basically, if you hold your finger on a word, a magnifying glass will first appear which allows you to position the cursor for editing; if you release your finger, then a small blue box will highlight the word; blue control buttons in the upper left & lower right corners are also present, along w/ several menu choices including copy - just move the blue control buttons to include all of the text you may want to copy and paste - please post back here if you are still having a problem - good luck!
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,832 / 0
    In the e-mail, after you've selected that one word, you should see the word highlighted in a light blue and two [teeny-tiny] blue dots on the top left and bottom right of that highlighted. If you press and hold either of those two dots, you can drag the highlighted area to the left or right (depending on which dot you press/hold). Do note that this works best if you pinch out so that the text is bigger (so your finger can "catch" those dots easier).

Also, if you double-tap and hold on the first word of the text block/paragraph you wan to copy - you can then drag your finger across the entire section of text you want to select and the blue highlight will appear and select the words as your finger drags. This does take practice - mostly to get the double tap/hold maneuver down.

If I've explained this well, hopefully this helps. If not, let me know and I'll see if I can clarify. So hard to type an explanation (easier in person)...!

Marilyn

P.S. Well, giradman has helped also, but since I don't want to delete my typing and I do want you to see the double-tap trick ... I'm posting this anyway! :D
    • Like Like x 1
  4. metraman

metraman iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What manual I didn't get one with my unit. The blue box move works great I tried rubbing those blue words till the glass had marks. Thanks to both you guys.
  5. Jeeper

Jeeper iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    You can download the manual for free from the iBook store :)

Sent from my iPod touch using iPF
  6. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,202 / 1
    To head off possible confusion: You probably won't find it searching for the obvious iPad Manual (though you'll see some third party offerings). Try iPad User Guide instead.