What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

E-mail sits in outbox (Verizon service)

pcmotorhed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been having an issue with my mail sitting in my outbox with an error message appearing (to be attached below) shortly thereafter. Originally, the mail would sit there for a while and then eventually go and a copy would appear in the sent box. The problem now is that the mail is no longer getting sent. It's sitting indefinitely now. I have double checked all the settings with Verizon and it all checks out. Before I wipe out my iPad and restore everything, I wanted to make there wasn't something in my settings that was over looking. I appreciate any suggestions or recommendations anyone can provide. This is getting rather frustrating now.
image.jpg

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The general fix for email problems is to delete your account under Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars, and then add it back.

Also, I don't remember if Verizon has an IMAP option. If they do, use that in preference to POP3, which can end up marking a bunch of old emails unread when you do the above.

That's still probably less painful than having to restore the entire iPad; which has a big chance of not working since you'll likely restore the Mail settings too.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Here are some other things you should try before a restore.

------------------------------
The Usual Fixes
------------------------------

When you have problems with an app it's a good idea to clear it from RAM.

Close/Clear the app:

iOS 6: With the problem app closed, double tap on the Home button to get the multitask bar. Tap and hold on any icon in the bar until they jiggle, then tap the minus sign on the problem app.

iOS 7: Double tap the Home button to get the multitasking display. Swipe up on the problem app's thumbnail image (not the icon).

If that does not work try a restart,

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears. Apple recommends you restart the iPad at least once a month.

and then a reset if that does not work.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

Reset All Settings: Another, somewhat more drastic thing you can do is Reset All Settings. You'll find this under Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. It won't erase any of your content, apps, or accounts; but you will have to go through most of your other settings and re-tweak them back to your liking. Do not confuse this with Erase All Content and Settings.

More detailed information at: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3281?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

Most reactions