What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

E-mail security question

tortmad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I only got my I pad yesterday and despite all the negative comments that I have read about it I absolutely love it!

One thing I would like to ask is the e mail. On the home page anyone can just press the e mail icon and access my e mail without using the password I have attached to it. My e mail account is with hotmail. If you go through safari you need the password. Is there anyway I can add a password to this as my family and friends will all be wanting a go of my I pad and even though there is nothing personal in there I would rather they didn't go into my e mail.

Ps whilst typing this I have discovered a great wee thing, at the end of a sentence if you press the space bar twice it adds a full stop and a space! How good is that.

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can turn that email account on and off in the settings menu, but you can't password protect it.

OP
T

tortmad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry but I'm a bit thick when it comes to this sort of thing! If I turn it off can I still get to it through safari and then when people have got bored with my I pad can I turn it on again and the icon will appear on the home page.

Most reactions

Latest posts