1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

E-mail security question

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by tortmad, Jun 29, 2010.

1. tortmad

tortmad iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I only got my I pad yesterday and despite all the negative comments that I have read about it I absolutely love it!

One thing I would like to ask is the e mail. On the home page anyone can just press the e mail icon and access my e mail without using the password I have attached to it. My e mail account is with hotmail. If you go through safari you need the password. Is there anyway I can add a password to this as my family and friends will all be wanting a go of my I pad and even though there is nothing personal in there I would rather they didn't go into my e mail.

Ps whilst typing this I have discovered a great wee thing, at the end of a sentence if you press the space bar twice it adds a full stop and a space! How good is that.
  2. figmo10

figmo10 iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    You can turn that email account on and off in the settings menu, but you can't password protect it.
  3. tortmad

tortmad iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sorry but I'm a bit thick when it comes to this sort of thing! If I turn it off can I still get to it through safari and then when people have got bored with my I pad can I turn it on again and the icon will appear on the home page.